What to make this weekend to get ready for the week
- As always, clean your veggies
- Hard boil eggs for sandwiches on Wednesday
- Brew up espresso because work coffee sucks
- Make some homemade lasagna and freeze half in small disposable trays
- I’ll also be making hot sauce with some cherry bomb peppers and dried habaneros
Monday, September 23rd
The Small Victories’ Lasagna is so, so delicious. The lasagna is pretty simple – just noodles, an easy tomato sauce, some cheese and basil – but you make the pasta by hand, so the noodles get all curly and uneven and it’s just amazing.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Blueberries & Cashew Butter
- Lunch: Small Victories‘ Lasagna (made over the weekend)
- Dinner: Seared Tuna w/ Cooks Illustrated’s Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Tuesday, September 24th
Tuesday’s meal will be pretty simple – using leftovers from Monday’s dinner for Tuesday’s lunch, and then roasting some sweet potatoes and thawing some veggie burgers for a quick dinner.
- Breakfast: Greek Yogurt & Alison Roman’s Kinda Sweet Granola
- Lunch: Leftover Mediterranean Chopped Salad w/ Tuna
- Dinner: Roasted Sweet Potatoes w/ Browned Butter, and Cooks Illustrated’s Veggie Burgers
Wednesday, September 25th
Fried chicken sandwiches for dinner. Do I need to say anything else?
- Breakfast: Classic Berry Smoothie
- Lunch: Bon Appetit’s Pan Bagnat
- Dinner: Fried Chicken Sandwiches w/ leftover Cole Slaw
Thursday, September 26th
We’ll make some sushi rice for some healthy veggie bowls on Thursday to finish out the week.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats
- Lunch: Sushi Rice Bowl w/ Tofu, Cucumber, and Kimchi
- Dinner: Leftover Fried Chicken
Friday, September 27th
Minimal cooking on Friday. For those of you who want to cook something more, check out other ideas here.