What to make this weekend to get ready for the week
- As always, clean your veggies (and herbs)
- Hard boil eggs
- Make some rice
- Make some Creamy White Bean Soup
- Brine your chicken for Monday’s roast chicken
Monday, October 21st
Start the week right with a Fall classic, the Weeknight Roast Chicken. Then use the leftovers for lunches and salads throughout the rest of the week.
- Breakfast: Peanut Butter & Banana Toast
- Lunch: Leftover Creamy White Bean Soup
- Dinner: Weeknight Roast Chicken w/ Blistered Purple Snow Peas
Tuesday, October 22nd
Geopolitics aside, we don’t discriminate against kales. Especially when the Russian Kale is apparently the sweetest and most tender of all kales.
- Breakfast: Classic Berry Smoothie
- Lunch: Grain Bowl w/ Leftover Chicken & Russian Kale
- Dinner: Dinner Salad w/ Radicchio & Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Wednesday, October 23rd
This luobo looks legit, seriously check out their pics. We expect it to shine in Wednesday’s Arugula salad. And if it doesn’t, well the Buttermilk dressing has another chance on Thursday.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Cashew Butter & Frozen Bluberries
- Lunch: Leftover Dinner Salad
- Dinner: Arugula, Apple, Luobo Salad w/ Buttermilk Dressing
Thursday, October 24th
Sweetgreen may not have added it to their menu, but I called the resurgence of Iceberg long ago. This crunchy, watery leaf is completely devoid of nutritional value which makes it a perfect match for the wedge salad.
- Breakfast: Avocado Toast
- Lunch: Desk Picnic with Apples, Cheddar, & Hummus; and a PB&J
- Dinner: Iceberg Wedge Salad
Friday, October 25th
Minimal cooking on Friday. For those of you who want to cook something, check out other ideas here.