What to make this weekend to get ready for the week
- Cook some Coconut Rice
- Make Cooks Illustrated’s Tuscan White Bean and Escarole Soup (subbing Escarole for Komatsuna)
- Make Cooks Illustrated’s New England Fish Chowder
Monday, November 4th
Years ago, we went to dinner at Parm, and Zak got a fish stew that blew his mind. Ever since then, we’ve been in search of the perfect fish stew. This weekend, we’re making a batch of a New England Fish stew that will hopefully scratch that never-ending itch (spoiler: it won’t).
- Breakfast: Ricotta Toast w/ Chopped Dates
- Lunch: Leftover Fish Stew
- Dinner: Tacos w/ Tofu, Black Beans, and Pickled Things
Tuesday, November 5th
Winter Squash season is here! We picked up a kabocha squash at the farmers market, and after some research, turns out its actually a pumpkin, it’s very popular in Japanese cuisine, and it’s also high in beta carotene. Sounds like a real winner.
- Breakfast: Classic Berry Smoothie
- Lunch: Black Bean & Coconut Rice Bowls
- Dinner: Kabocha Squash & Coconut Rice
Wednesday, November 6th
We have some chicken breasts that have been chilling in the freezer for an unknown amount of time. So we’ll be thawing those out and massaging a nice amount of Caesar dressing into some Siberian Kale to make a healthy-ish dinner on Wednesday.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Cashew Butter & Frozen Peaches
- Lunch: Salad w/ Leftover Kabocha Squash & Lemon-Tahini Dressing
- Dinner: Kale Caesar Salad w/ Chicken
Thursday, November 7th
This Tuscan White Bean soup (Aquacotta for you worldly folk) is Jane’s absolute favorite. Main ingredients are a chicken-broth base, a LOT of greens, & white beans. Doesn’t sound sound so special? Well you’re wrong; somehow, it all comes together and with some parm & tomatoes, it is AMAZING.
- Breakfast: Avocado Toast
- Lunch: Leftover Kale Caesar Salad w/ Chicken
- Dinner: Leftover Tuscan White Bean & Escarole Soup
Friday, November 8th
Minimal cooking on Friday. For those of you who want to cook something, check out other ideas here.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Peanut Butter & Cocoa Nibs
- Lunch: Family Lunch at work
- Dinner: Leftovers from the week