What to make this weekend to get ready for the week
- Clean those Veggies!
- Cook that Rice!
- Make Bon Appetit’s Shoyu Romen
- Make a batch of overnight oats & pack up in to-go containers
- Do some stretching before bed
Monday, November 10th
Living that leftover life for Monday’s lunch with a kale salad & the grilled chicken from last week (waste not want not!). And then for dinner, we’ll use some Yuzu Kosho to make a citrus-y sauce for salmon served with broccolini (broccoli’s hip, younger cousin)
- Breakfast: Ricotta Toast w/ Chopped Dates
- Lunch: Kale Salad w/ Grilled Chicken
- Dinner: Salmon w/ Yuzu Kosho Sauce & Broccolini
Tuesday, November 11th
We just subscribed to Bon Appetit (it comes in the mail!) and one of the non-Thanksgiving recipes they have is a White Pesto Pasta. We had all the ingredients already, and it looks pretty easy – perfect for dinner on Tuesday. Also, I guess anything can be a pesto if you just food process the heck out of it? What are the rules here?
- Breakfast: Classic Berry Smoothie
- Lunch: Salmon & Brocolini Rice Bowls
- Dinner: White Pesto Pasta w/ Rigatoni
Wednesday, November 12th
For Wednesday’s dinner, doing another Bon Appetit recipe that we’ve seen mentioned many times by the Bon App food editors. It’s a part of their Desk Lunch Series – so we’re being quite subversive by having it for dinner.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Cashew Butter & Frozen Peaches
- Lunch: Leftover White Pesto Pasta
- Dinner: Marinated Lentils w/ Broccolini & Feta w/ Sourdough Toast
Thursday, November 13th
First night in Kyoto, it’s raining, and after seeing some temples, blood sugar is running dangerously low. We didn’t plan out a dinner spot, instead relying on divine providence to provide us with the perfect evening respite (this never works). Turns out there is a god and we were able to duck into a smoky little bar (5th try) that served some banging Okonomiyaki. It ended up being one of our favorite meals.
- Breakfast: Avocado Toast
- Lunch: Kale Salad w/ Leftover Lentils & Feta
- Dinner: Okonomiyaki w/ any veggies left in the fridge
Friday, November 14th
You know the drill, we’re eating whatever leftovers are in the fridge and pouring ourselves a drink, it’s the weekend! For those of you who want to cook something, check out other ideas here.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Peanut Butter & Cocoa Nibs
- Lunch: Family Lunch at work
- Dinner: Leftovers from the week