What to make this weekend to get ready for the week
- Clean those Veggies!
- Cook that Rice!
- Make Bon Appetit’s Shoyu Romen
- Make a batch of overnight oats & pack up in to-go containers
- Do some stretching before bed
Monday, November 10th
Living that leftover life for Monday’s lunch with a kale salad & the grilled chicken from last week (waste not want not!). And then for dinner, we’ll use some Yuzu Kosho to make a citrus-y sauce for salmon served with broccolini (broccoli’s hip, younger cousin)
- Breakfast: Ricotta Toast w/ Chopped Dates
- Lunch: Kale Salad w/ Grilled Chicken
- Dinner: Salmon w/ Yuzu Kosho Sauce & Broccolini
Tuesday, November 11th
We just subscribed to Bon Appetit (it comes in the mail!) and one of the non-Thanksgiving recipes they have is a White Pesto Pasta. We had all the ingredients already, and it looks pretty easy – perfect for dinner on Tuesday. Also, I guess anything can be a pesto if you just food process the heck out of it? What are the rules here?
- Breakfast: Classic Berry Smoothie
- Lunch: Salmon & Brocolini Rice Bowls
- Dinner: White Pesto Pasta w/ Rigatoni
Wednesday, November 12th
For Wednesday’s dinner, doing another Bon Appetit recipe that we’ve seen mentioned many times by the Bon App food editors (our fixation on Adam Rapaport is totally healthy, we promise). It’s a part of their Desk Lunch Series – so we’re being quite subversive by having it for dinner.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Cashew Butter & Frozen Peaches
- Lunch: Leftover White Pesto Pasta
- Dinner: Marinated Lentils w/ Broccolini & Feta w/ Sourdough Toast
Thursday, November 13th
First night in Kyoto, it’s raining, and after seeing some temples, blood sugar is running dangerously low. We didn’t plan out a dinner spot, instead relying on divine providence to provide us with the perfect evening respite (this never works). Turns out there is a god and we were able to duck into a smoky little bar (5th try) that served some banging Okonomiyaki. It ended up being one of our favorite meals.
- Breakfast: Avocado Toast
- Lunch: Kale Salad w/ Leftover Lentils & Feta
- Dinner: Okonomiyaki w/ any veggies left in the fridge
Friday, November 14th
You know the drill, we’re eating whatever leftovers are in the fridge and pouring ourselves a drink, it’s the weekend! For those of you who want to cook something, check out other ideas here.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Peanut Butter & Cocoa Nibs
- Lunch: Family Lunch at work
- Dinner: Leftovers from the week