What to make this weekend to get ready for the week
This week’s meal plan is short and sweet; all the better to get excited for Thanksgiving on Thursday. So, we’re making a big one-pot recipe (vinegar-braised chicken) for dinner on Sunday, and we’ll eat the leftovers throughout the week.
- Dining In’s Vinegar Braised Chicken w/ Farro & Watercress (similar recipe from Alison Roman here)
- Dining In’s Decidedly Not Sweet Granola
Monday, November 25th
We’ve made these Soba Noodles w/ Crispy Kale before and was recently reminded of how good they were. The recipe has you put nutritional yeast & toasted coconut on the crispy kale and it’s surprising how good and umami-ish it gets. Pretty excited to make this again.
- Breakfast: Yogurt & Decidedly Not Sweet Granola
- Lunch: Leftover Vinegar Chicken w/ Farro & Watercress
- Dinner: Soba Noodles w/ Crispy Kale
Tuesday, November 26th
Trying to incorporate a few lighter recipes before we let it all go on Thursday – and this Kale & Celery Tiger Salad seems to fit the bill. Not sure what a Tiger salad is? Us either. But it looks spicy and light and perfect for topping with fancy Tonnino tuna fillets that were on sale at C-Town.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Peanut Butter & Frozen Peaches
- Lunch: Leftover Soba Noodles w/ Crispy Kale
- Dinner: Kale & Celery Tiger Salad w/ Tonnino Tuna Fillets
Wednesday, November 27th
On Wednesday evening, we’ll be prepping our contributions to Thanksgiving, so we’ll be eating any leftovers for the week before heading up to Connecticut.
- Breakfast: Avocado w/ Decidedly Not Sweet Granola
- Lunch: Leftover Kale & Celery Tiger Salad
- Dinner: Leftover Vinegar Chicken w/ Farro & Watercress
Thursday, November 28th (THANKSGIVING!)
It’s Thanksgiving! Our favorite holiday. This year, we’ll be celebrating with Zak’s family in Connecticut and we’ll attempt to help out by bringing a few things (below). If you want to get yourself excited for this glorious food-centric holiday, check out Bon Appetit’s Thanksgiving Headquarters. PS – holidays are also the perfect excuse to hit up your favorite wine shop, ours is Vine Wine in Williamsburg.