What to make this weekend to get ready for the week
- Nothing! It’s already Monday!
Monday, November 18th
We’re starting a little late this week because there was a lot of free food in Williamsburg on Sunday and we must admit, we got distracted. Francis Mallmann had a cook-out in McCarren Park, The Meat Hook had their 10-year anniversary. We brought hot toddys from home to keep us warm in line. And then, well, we were full and happy and just wanted to watch Pixar movies instead of meal planning.
Sometimes, prepping ain’t in the cards. For those times, you need a pantry-staples-only plan.
Tuesday, November 19th
It’s all about branding, so when you call it a desk picnic you can try and forget that you’re eating hard boiled eggs (maybe with a little sriracha and salt) at your desk while watching a tutorial on array formulas
- Breakfast: Ricotta w/ Dried Dates, Toasted Pecans & Drizzled Honey
- Lunch: Desk Picnic w/ Apples, Cheese, Hard-Boiled Egg and a Simple Salad
- Dinner: Kimchi-Cheddar Omelette
Wednesday, November 20th
The freezer is the unsung hero of the kitchen (that’s where we keep our tilapia). Thanks William Cullen, Oliver Evans, Jacob Perkins and John Gorrie after 5 seconds of research it appears you all deserve some credit
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Cashew Butter & Frozen Peaches
- Lunch: PB&J, Simple Kale Salad & Roasted Almonds
- Dinner: Breaded Tilapia w/ Roasted Broccoli and Rice
Thursday, November 21st
I bet you forgot about egg salad sandwiches? Well we didn’t. They’re still as delicious and easy as ever – though the mayo + egg (EGGCEPTION) can be a real trip. Always good to have in your back pocket and the ingredients are typically on hand.
- Breakfast: Avocado Toast
- Lunch: Egg Salad Sandwich
- Dinner: Lasagna (f’ yea freezer!)
Friday, November 22nd
We’re trying something new this week – since we never cook on Fridays, instead we’re gonna post what cocktails we’re into at the moment. For those of you who want to cook something, check out other ideas here.
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Peanut Butter & Cocoa Nibs
- Lunch: Family Lunch at work
- Dinner: Maybe Mallman will be giving away food free again?
- Cocktail: Classic Negroni (the perfect pre-pizza drink)